From the north (e.g. Brisbane / Gold Coast), heading south
Approx. travel time from Brisbane: 2 hr; from Gold Coast: 1 hr
- Heading south on the Pacific Highway, turn left at/near the Byron Bay exit – following the signs to Bangalow from the roundabout (using a new road called the “Hinterland Way”/A1. This is the new name for the old Pacific Highway).
- Follow the Hinterland Way/A1 for approximately 10-15 mins.
- Turn left at the roundabout on the Hinterland Way/A1 – located at the bottom of Bangalow village – following the sign for Byron Bay. This road is now referred to as both Bangalow Rd & Byron Bay Rd (since 2016).
NB: Do not be misled by some GPSs (particularly Tom Tom that incorrectly direct you in the wrong direction towards Lismore.
- Continue east on Bangalow Road (6km). Byron Bay Farmstay is on your right at 436 Bangalow Road, Byron Bay.
From the south, heading north
Approx. travel time from Ballina: 30 mins
- Heading north on the new Pacific Highway, take the right exit towards Byron Bay.
- Turn right onto Bangalow Road (also now referred to as Byron Bay Road at this point).
NB: Do not be misled by some GPSs (particularly Tom Tom) that incorrectly direct you left through Bangalow village towards Lismore. You definitely want to head towards Byron Bay.
- Continue east on Bangalow Road (4.9km). Byron Bay Farmstay is on your right at 436 Bangalow Road, Byron Bay.
From Byron Bay township (Jonson Street)
Approx. travel time: 5-10 mins
- Head south on Jonson Street (500m).
- Turn left onto Browning Street (150m).
- At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Bangalow Road (2.2km).
NB: Bangalow Rd becomes Broken Head Rd just before the intersection near the Byron Bay Golf Course. You need to turn right at the intersection to stay on Bangalow Rd.
- Follow the sign to Bangalow and turn right at the intersection (near Byron Bay Golf Course) to stay on Bangalow Road, & head up the hill (4.1km). Byron Bay Farmstay is on your left at 436 Bangalow Road, Byron Bay.